Tuesday, November 29

The neighbours are comedically awful





Their initial investigations were conducted by inviting me over for drinks and 'nibbles' which was ok, Brenda might be nice but I couldn't tell over Gary's braying. We're British so I had to 'tit' their 'tat' - I asked Brenda to join me in town for supper and Gary decided to join us because he's the sort of man who never misses an opportunity to behave like an arse in public so we had a ghastly time - I nipped over to the front desk and paid the bill before we'd finished eating so I could get home as quickly as possible - I'd hoped they'd noticed that we weren't getting on and we could quietly (Britishly) leave it at that.


... but that isn't to be, I have been included on a very long email list for a twice-weekly 'round robin' update of Gary's latest literary reviews, views on modern music and news of their various family activities

8 comments:

  1. I'm torn between recommending the traditional British stiff upper lip or this.

    No. Definitely the second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do use my cardboard lip-stiffener a lot - maybe I need to take it out

      Delete
  2. LOL! good one, LX! the good thing about just being on the email list is that you can delete it and they'll never know! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also tempted to 'reply all' in one of several interesting ways

      Delete
  3. Oh no!! You do realise that you will be on that email list for the rest of your life?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what comes of being too good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails