Saturday, April 12

Visitors





In front of my house is an area of concrete that, up until this year, has been barren. I've been setting up containers for planting, arranging my irrigation system and sowing things.

I spent most of today making a wooden planter to sit on the boundary wall, there are lots of weird joints and additions where I've patched up mis-saws and mis-screwings but it isnow  full of soil and seeds. I ache all over - in a good way. I'm hoping I planted stuff that makes binding roots.


Yesterday my friend returned from her travels and came to see me.  I left the front door open and went to the gate to meet her, we got waylaid by my seedlings. While this distraction was going on - Big Pigeon slipped in behind our backs.

We finally went into the house, shut the front door and went downstairs. We headed into the back garden and heard an enormous thumpsmash sound. We looked up and saw the bird inside the house, hitting the upstairs window for a second time.

I ran up to let it out. Closing doors behind me as I went expecting a panic. But Big Pigeon was just standing patiently by the window waiting for me to open it.

Wrong house - he said as he flew out

4 comments:

  1. Did you plant anything that pairs well with pigeon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the chard will be excellent - and the tarragon

      Delete
  2. Holy cow! That's all I can write at this moment as I ate too much baba ganoush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it possible to eat too much baba ganoush?

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails