Friday, April 4

Took My Poorly Wrist

to the GP this morning.

The drop-in surgery consumes a whole morning, but there are no available appointments for the rest of the year so I took knitting and a book to while away the hours but there is so much entertainment laid on I can't concentrate.

Some parents do homework with their school-uniformed children. Others use the opportunity to catch up on a bit of slush-reading, bringing their children in fancy dress to run around putting out fires and rescuing each other.

The children understand that this a place full of poorly people so they have to scream quietly which is why the vinyl fartseats are such fun, only some of the waiting room chairs behave like whoopee cushions - so we wait and stifle our sniggers as a tentatively lowered bottom triggers one of the loud ones.

4 comments:

  1. Entertaining seating aside, I hope your wrist mends quickly and you return to jelly-wrestling ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jelly-wrestling still fine - it's the grave-digging that's giving me problems

      Delete
  2. I hope you didn't bring home any germs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails