Thursday, March 27

Unraveling




Manning the desk at the Brain Doctor's today. I took one of my charity shop finds with me - a bubblegum pink belted cardigan - if I put it on and tie the belt I look like a pair of raw pork sausages on legs. 

I unraveled the garment on my lap trying to be discrete about it while chatting with the crazy people who sit on the sofa in front of me. When I was alone I viewed the pink crinkle on the floor and thought it looked like my own innards were leaking out



Two big trucks are parked outside my house running a generator. It's late in the evening and I'm too cross about them to concentrate on anything else

Maybe tomorrow I'll discover that a life-saving operation was being performed - one that needed lots of lights and other electricity.

6 comments:

  1. Instead of spilling it on the floor, perhaps you could wrap the yarn on the hands of the waiting crazy people instead! Pitch it as Occupational Therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't get them to sit still long enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. IF THERE WAS EVER A TIME FOR A SELFIE THAT WAS IT.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not got the hang of the selfie Rebecca xx

      Delete
  4. I'm wondering about the Field Guide. Is it to use in case you're out on a walk and you find a chimp limb and would like to identify the sort of chimp it might have belonged to? I think I'll wait for the movie... I had another friend with a generator problem - that is, neighbors running one. It turned out someone had invested in a load of meat and needed to keep it frozen. I hope it is gone now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I investigated the cables and discovered that they led into a block of flats whose power was cut. I curtailed my irritation xx

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails