Tuesday, March 25

Today at the Brain Doctor's ...

... there is a note asking me to call Mrs Scott and remind her that she has an appointment this afternoon. Apparently she phoned yesterday asking the Monday receptionist for someone to call her

I dial

Hello is that Mrs Scott?

I'm sorry I can't hear you

Hello ... Mrs Scott? (louder)


I'm deaf I can't hear a thing

I'm calling from the Brain Doctor's (shouting)


Who are you? (sounding terrified)

I'M    LULU    AT    THE    BRAIN    DOCTOR'S    YOU    HAVE    AN    APPOINTMENT   THIS   AFTERNOON  (shouting fortissimo)


Are you the Brain Doctor?

YES (bellowing)


I'm coming in today

YES

2.30

YES - GOODBYE!

When Mrs Scott arrived this afternoon she said

Did you call earlier?

yes I did

I can't hear a thing - I asked everyone who phoned this morning if they were the Brain Doctor and I've got no idea who they really were 




6 comments:

  1. I'm smiling.I wish someone would ring me and ask if I'm the Brain Doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised to read that you are indeed the Brain Doctor. Please do not read any of my posts for the past um 53 years. I fear incarceration.
    love,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. incarcerating the sane would take up less space (a bungalow would do it) but finding them is so difficult

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails